1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 1:30 PM by philmodjunk

How to create fields using scripts that is triggered when a user clicks on a button?

phoonyik

Title

How to create fields using scripts that is triggered when a user clicks on a button?

Hi, 

I would like to knwo ho to add fields into a table. The problem that I'm facing is that there is a category called keywords. And I want the users to be able to enter as many keywords as they want. However, I want to avoid cluttering So i was thinking of having a button, where when the user clicks on it, it creates a field keyword1, then when it clicks on it again, it creates a field keyword2 and so on so that they can search for relevant files with the same keywords. Any ideas?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: How to create fields using scripts that is triggered when a user clicks on a button?
          philmodjunk

You cannot use a button to add new fields to a table. But you can add new records to a related table. Define a related table of keywords with one record for each such word. Then add additional records whenever you need to add more keywords.

And you may also want to set up a join table to implement a many to many relationship between a table of keywords and the table you want to search. That way, a single keyword can be linked to many records in your main table but a given record in you main table can also be linked to many key words.