2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 9:09 PM by AndrewAngell

How to disable auto-login on a FileMaker file..??

AndrewAngell

Title

How to disable auto-login on a FileMaker file..??

I've got a client that sent me their original FileMaker file to do some work on.  When I open the file, though, it never asks for any login info and when I get in most of the functionality is disabled.  Things like creating new records, sorting, Manage Database, etc. are all grayed out and can't be accessed.

When I go to File -> File Options and then click on the Open tab I get an error that says "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action."  Then when I say OK to that it does show me the Open tab, but it's all grayed out.  I can see that it's using an auto-login for a user that is apparently limited in access.

The thing is, I'm not sure how to get around this.  How do I override that so I can login with the admin user instead of that one?  The way it is now I never get the option while opening, and once it's open I'm logged in with a limited user that can't do anything.

Any information on how to get around this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!