2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 10:40 AM by GisaelGomez

How to Disable Scrolling Wheel in filemaker 13 pro

MikhailSmirnov

Title

How to Disable Scrolling Wheel in filemaker 13 pro

Hi everyone,
      What makes me completely mad in FileMaker 13 pro is Scrolling Wheel which switches records. Any solution how to disable this Scrolling wheel in FM13?

Hide and lock status toolbar  no option.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to Disable Scrolling Wheel in filemaker 13 pro
          philmodjunk

The only method that I know is to limit your found set to a single record so that there are no records to "scroll through" with the wheel. Of course, this changes the behavior of other standard controls on your layout and requires quite a bit of extra scripting to regain the ability to work with a found set of records (maintained in a different window or a layout based on a different table occurrence) while you current layout and window only has a found set of 1...

• 2. Re: How to Disable Scrolling Wheel in filemaker 13 pro
            GisaelGomez

Hope to have a new version of FM with a different behavior for the scroll of the mouse. Everyone is complaining about this, I do not know why FM has not changed this. It is really annoying to move from records with the scroll and is not a natural behavior for it. Whenever I am teaching someone how to use a DB the first problem is to explain that the mouse scroll will change the records :s