4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2010 1:00 PM by philmodjunk

How To Display Continue Button When Status Hidden / Unable to configure Status Toolbar for EndUser

dataWolf

Title

How To Display Continue Button When Status Hidden / Unable to configure Status Toolbar for EndUser

How can I  display the script continue button when status bar is hidden?

Tirade follows:

Upgraded yesterday from 9 to FMP11. I need to define the Status Toolbar for EndUsers. Of course I don't give my End Users direct access to the data so Create Blank Record and Delete Record should not be there, but I can remove them on the 12 files on ten machines. But the Edit Layout canNOT be removed and I do NOT want that there No!

Nor the view mode. I want to control my users use of the database, not what FMP wants EUs to see. A web browser would be less confusing for my dear little EUs. Well if I HIDE the Status bar, then there is no visible way to continue scripts (no continue button). I wish I could use the old version of Status instead of the new!

It seems like FM wants the product to be for mom and pops only since it is not configurable for power users in that I can't define my users work environment. I guess it's fair to say that FMP is not a scripting language, it is an environment, meaning many hard-coded presets that if you don't like well too bad you are stuck with them and you can't do anything about it. (Which would be easily reparable by allowing me to fully define what is in the Status area, for starters)