1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2011 9:22 AM by philmodjunk

How to do a drop down list to select a price level in an invoice

NeilBarham

Title

How to do a drop down list to select a price level in an invoice

I need to be able to select a certain price for an item in a invoice, i sell wine and each wine has a net price, a level 2, level 3, level 5 aqnd level 6 price level. I have a invoice table built that I use to build my invoices, the protal has ITEM#, PRODUCT NAME, 3 OF UNITS, and then the price, in the PRICE field I wish to have a drop down that I can select which price level, then would enter the dollars into that field, then I ahev an extended filed that times the number of units times the price.

Thanks

screenshot.jpg

• 1. Re: How to do a drop down list to select a price level in an invoice
          philmodjunk

Define matching price fields for each item in your Portal's table. Set them to look up the price from the matching field in your inventory table when an item number is selected/entered.

Add a PriceLevel field formatted with a value list of your price level names (level1, Level 5, etc.)

Make your price field shown in the portal this calculation field:

Case ( PriceLevel = "Level 1" ; PortalTable::Level1Price ;
                    PriceLevel = "BTG" ; PortalTable::BTGPrice;
                    PriceLevel = "Level 5" ; PortalTable::Level5Price ;
          and so forth to account for each price level.

This is the simplest way I can think of to implement your pricing system. It's also possible to set up a separate related table of prices with one price in each record. You'd then do a look up from this table with a relationship that matches by both Item # and Price Level fields to a specific pricing record in this table. This is more complext to set up, but much more flexible to work with as you are no longer limited to a specific number of price levels for any one product.