1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 9:22 AM by philmodjunk

How to do a portal for 3rd-level relationship on the 1st level layout

RobinXiao

Title

How to do a portal for 3rd-level relationship on the 1st level layout

Hi all, I'm trying to build an invoice solution with manufacturing & formula.

I have the following tables

Catalog: includes final products & raw parts hence 2 occarance.

Formula:each final products may have many formulas, 1 formula only make 1 product

Join Tables: qty of each parts in a specific formula

Table occerance & relationship is set as following

Product  ------< Formula -------< Joint >--------- Part

My Product layout is already designed and I'm trying to add Formula & joint into it as another tab page. So far the formula tab works well & list all associated formula with a "show detail" button after each line, but I couldn't figure out a way to pass the "formula id" to next tab with the "show detail" button so it shows the parts & qty of chosen formula.

Is there a way around such 3 level relationship? 

• 1. Re: How to do a portal for 3rd-level relationship on the 1st level layout
          philmodjunk

You're almost there. (Use your field and table occurrence names in place of mine where necessary to get this to work.)

Your show detail button might have a script like this:

Set Variable [$$ProductID ; Value: Formula::ProductID]
          Refresh Window [Flush cached join results]
          Go To Object["ObjectNameOfDetailTab"]

The last step is optional, it switches the user to the detail tab with the mouse click if you want that to happen. (You use the inspector to give the tab an object name.)

The portal on your detail tab would use this portal filter expression:

$$ProductID = Joint::ProductID