4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 10:48 AM by MacMak

How to exclude records with 3 words from check box field in found set.

MacMak

Title

How to exclude records with 3 words from check box field in found set.

Hello.

I have an issue I hope to find some help with and I appreciate all replies.

I need a script that will find records with certain words in them but exclude the ones that have 3 words (Image, Video and Audio (random ordering)) in another specifc field that is controlled by a checkbox.

Now, if the field contains all 3 words in no particular order I want them excluded from the find but if the field contains only 2 of the words or less I do not wan't them excluded.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to exclude records with 3 words from check box field in found set.
          philmodjunk

Enter Find mode[] //clear the pause check box
          Set field [//specify the criteria of the records you want to find here. use as many set fields as needed to enter criteria into different fields.]
          New Record/request
          Set field [YourTable::CheckBoxField; "Image Video Audio"]
          Omit Record //this step makes it an omit request
          Set Error Capture [on]
          Perform Find []

This will find all records that meet the criteria specified in the first request and then the second request filters out all records where the three specified words are present in the check box field.

• 2. Re: How to exclude records with 3 words from check box field in found set.
            MacMak

Hi Phil.

Thank you very much that worked great except for one thing that I am trying to figure out.

2nd Line Set Field:

I have 4 words (Nominated, Nominating, Judged and Awarded) and I need to find all records that have any of these words in the speciic field.

I am not able to do the calculation with an 'or' operator somehow it just doesn't work for me. I can do it with one name as in:

"Nominated"

but if I try

"Nominated" or "Nominating" or "Judged" or "Awarded"

I get nothing. What would be the proper calculation?

Thanks very much your help is much appreciated.

• 3. Re: How to exclude records with 3 words from check box field in found set.
              philmodjunk

Is this in additon to the need to omit records with the words "Image Video Audio"?

"or" type finds require separate find requests. We already have two, we just need to add 4 more omit requests. You can stack as many omit requests as you need at the end of your set of find requests. (Omit requests should always come after the standard requests as they modify the records pulled up in a found set by the standard requests.)

Enter Find mode[] //clear the pause check box
              Set field [//specify the criteria of the records you want to find here. use as many set fields as needed to enter criteria into different fields.]
              New Record/request
              Set field [YourTable::CheckBoxField; "Image Video Audio"]
              Omit Record //this step makes it an omit request
              New Record/request
              Set field [YourTable::YourField; "Nominated"]
              Omit Record
              New Record/request
              Set field [YourTable::YourField; "Nominating"]
              Omit Record Set Error Capture [on]
              New Record/request
              Set field [YourTable::YourField; "Judged"]
              New Record/request
              Set field [YourTable::YourField; "Awarded"]
              Perform Find []

Note: depending on what other data may be present in this field, you can probably use "Nominat" to use one less find request as it will take place of both the Nominated and Nominating omit requests.

• 4. Re: How to exclude records with 3 words from check box field in found set.
                MacMak

Awesome You Rock!

They weren't omit but finds but I get the 'or' lesson so I figured it out.

Thanks!