4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2014 11:13 PM by JavedulHaq

How to Fill Lay Back Color

JavedulHaq

Title

How to Fill Lay Back Color

Hi,

When I am in lay mode, set body color and size. But after settings when I come to brows mode, I notice that the area of lay except body is colorless. I tried my best to find any option to fill the color but unfortunately couldn't. Please help me. Sending you an image for example.

Project6.jpg

• 1. Re: How to Fill Lay Back Color
          philmodjunk

Option 1:

Enter Layout mode and drag the right hand layout border to the right to make the layout wider.

Option 2:

Place a layout object near the right hand layout border. Change it's "resize anchors" on the inspector's position tab from the default "top, left" anchors to "top- right" or event "Bottom - Right". You can change fill and border properties for this object to make it invisible, or in FileMaker 13, you can enter True into the "Hide when setting" to make it invisible. (This gives you an object that is visible in layout mode and invisible in Browse mode).

PS. the Classic layout theme does not need this trick, it does not have a right hand layout border.

• 2. Re: How to Fill Lay Back Color
            JavedulHaq

Thanks for quick reply, option 1: is not acceptable, you said "Place a layout object near the right hand layout border. Ok I draw a rectangular as body height on right side of layout but couldn't understand how to make it invisible. I have noticed in other files when we change body color, all is changed. But here I have to change rect. color. changing body color is useless. Please clear it.

• 3. Re: How to Fill Lay Back Color
              Jade

If you have FMP 13, select "Layout Background" from the Appearance Tab of the Inspector and set its Fill to the red colour.  After that, select in turn the Body, Header, and Footer and set their Fill to none.  You can click the red arrow buttons to save these changes to the Style and/or Theme as required.

If you don't have FMP 13 delete the Header and Footer if you don't need them.

I hope this addresses your question.

• 4. Re: How to Fill Lay Back Color
                JavedulHaq

Thanks I got it.