1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2014 8:55 AM by philmodjunk

How to filter created records by user name

JavedulHaq

Title

How to filter created records by user name

Hi, 

I have four user in my db with different privilege sets. Admin, Boss, Manager and user. I want to filter records created by every user name. For example if records are entered by Admin on a specified date, when I sort them by date. Those should be shown that these rec. are entered by Admin. Hoping an easy answer.

• 1. Re: How to filter created records by user name
          philmodjunk

What you describe are Account names defined in manage | security. User names are defined in preferences and the current user name may not be the same as the current Account name.

For example if records are entered by Admin on a specified date, when I sort them by date. Those should be shown that these rec. are entered by Admin.

Isn't quite the same thing as: "filter created records by [Account] name"

But a text field can be defined in this table to auto-enter the creator's Account name. You can open field options for such a text field and find that option on the Auto-Enter tab.

If you want to filter the records so that only those created by a particular account are shown, you can perform a find that specifies an account name in this field.

And if you want keep users from seeing and/or editing records they did not create, See "Editing record access privileges" in FileMaker Help and check out this particular sub section: "Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis" for a description of how to set this up.