Where you hit a limitation is when your value list prevents you from entering/selecting the value you need to find. If Others is a value in your list, it's not a problem if you use a find and then use Replace Field contents to change the values.
- Use find to find all records with "Others".
- Click the field to give it the focus
- Select Replace Field contents from the Records Menu
- Use the calculation option to specify "Other"
- Do the replace.
- Now update your value list to change Others to Other.
The other option is to temporarily remove the value list formatting from the field and then put it back after you have done the find/replace.
Thanks for the info! But im not sure what calculation to use...
The calculation would be the string "Other" (including the quotes).
Whoa ... first please answer if this 'value list' field is a checkbox, radio button, pop-up etc. If it holds multi-line of values, you will lose all the other selections in the field.
Thanks for the response! The value-list is a drop-down list.
I see. In that case i'll use the method PhilModJunk has described.