Question asked by fabiuz on Apr 8, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 by fabiuz

Title

How to find and sort records using two tables

Hi,

I have a little problem with two tables:

1. costumers

2. visits

the tables are related by using the costumer id field, each costumer may have 1 or more visit .

Visits contains the days of the month when I can and when I usually visit a costumer.

It is not a date, but a day or more then one day in the week, in a month cicle.

So for example a costumer could be visited on the turns n.1,2,3 and 7,8,9 each month.

For each turn, there is a costumer sequence to follow for the visit. So, in the Visits table I have a field called sequence where I have set a number like 10, 20... 120 ecc. for each turn.

So each costumer for each possible turn have a sequence for such turn.

So for example, the costumer "Adam" could be visited on the turn n.3 in the sequence n.40, on the turn n.8 in the sequence n.120 .

What I need now is to get all costumers that can be visited on a specific day turn, for example the turn n.3. Then I want to show these costumers orderd by their sequence in such turn.

I am able to find costumers of the turn 3, but I still don't understand how I can order them taking care of their sequence number for that day.

Sort function will always see the first available turn in visits table.

Is anybody able to give me a litlle suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

Fabio

Outcomes