AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to find next invoice number?

Question asked by fabiuz on Jan 18, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 19, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

How to find next invoice number?

Hi,

I am lost in a stupid thing: I have an invoice table, each invoice have an ID a date and a number.

I want to know wich will be the next invoice number when I will create a new one.

So the first thing I have to know is which is the date of the last invoice, may be the max date in table.

In this way I should be able to find max invoice number too and be sure that it is relate to the current year.

I have created a selfjoin table using invoiceID and a calculation field to find the max date. Then I have created one more TO of Inoivce table related by maxDate field and date field. This way I should be able to see all invoices that have the same date when the date is the most recent one.

Next I have created another calculation field to get the maxInvoiceNumber of the last invoice TO.

The problem is that such field does not return any value but an empty field :-(

My suppositions are broken somewhere and I am unable to find where... can anybody give me some suggestions to go out of here?

thankss!!

invoice_table.gif

Outcomes