4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 4:42 PM by FentonJones

How to identify container fields with "This file cannot be found:" (referenced image)

mcthc

Title

How to identify container fields with "This file cannot be found:" (referenced image)

How can one tell if a calculated container field is linked to a referenced image that does not exist?

I have a database of document titles that are linked to PDF's of the documents with the same title. The PDF is linked to the record via a calculation field that is set up to provide a container field result:

"filewin:/ .... filepath..../" & documentname & ".pdf"

...such that the record with document title "apple" is linked to "apple.pdf" and the PDF is accessible in the calculated container field.

If I have a document title "banana" but there is no banana.pdf, the calculation field shows: "This file cannot be found: banana.pdf"

Is there a way to get that status or identify that the referenced pdf does not exist?

I have tried GetAsBoolean, which returns all 1's, since there is something in the container field - the filepath to the non-existent PDF.

Similarly, GetAsText returns the filepath.

As a last resort, I could probably set up a checkbox and go through each record and manually identify the ones with missing PDFs, but if anyone could provide an automated solution I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.