3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 10:57 AM by philmodjunk

How to Import a layout from one database to another

VanceMorrison

Title

How to Import a layout from one database to another

Hello everyone,

I have a two runtimes. How can i copy one layout out of one of the runtime databases and place it in the other runtime database?  

Im useung FM pro 10adv with windows 7

Thank you , 

Vance

• 1. Re: How to Import a layout from one database to another
          mgores

I've found the best way is to open both DBs, go to the layout you want to copy - layout mode - select all - copy.  Go to the other DB, create a blank layout - paste - then go through each field and readjust them as necessary to make sure they are pointing to the right Table::field

• 2. Re: How to Import a layout from one database to another
            VanceMorrison

Thank you Mark ..I will try it ..

Vance

• 3. Re: How to Import a layout from one database to another
              philmodjunk

The copy and paste won't work very well unless the table occurrence specified in Layout Setup | Show Records from is exactly the same and then the tables these occurrences refer to should have exactly the same field names--at least for the fields actually located on this layout. You may need to rename a table occurrence temporarily in Manage | database | relationships, then change it back after pasting.

Other tricks:

You can click the label to each layout part (Header, Footer, Body, etc) and see the height in pixels for this part in the Inspector's position tab. (If you click the units next to these boxes in the tab you can cycle from inches to centimeters to pixels...)

Thus you can check the height in pixels on the original layout, then select the same part label in the new layout and enter the exact same height to reproduce the size of that part. Do that before copy/pasting the layout obects.

Buttons, script triggers and value lists will be broken in the pasted layout unless you create them first (and with exactly the same name in the target file.