3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2009 11:34 AM by philmodjunk

How to import records from excel into Filemaker Pro 9 and generate report of omitted records

cmaher

Title

How to import records from excel into Filemaker Pro 9 and generate report of omitted records

Using Filemaker Pro 9/server

Windows xp

I have been working on reconfiguring our Office's database. & trying not to lose records when I convert over to the new database. I know I can export all of our "records" (DB1) and "contacts" (DB2) into excel and then from there import all of our records and contacts back into the newly configured database(s).

But here is my question - I am positive there will be old records that will have missing information that is now required in the new DB1 - is there a way for me to have Filemaker Pro run a report listing all records NOT imported so I can see exactly which records made it in and more importantly which are the omitted records/contacts?? I am a novice and have essentially learned as I go... I am still struggling with alot of scripts

2nd unrelated question - I have a value list for our office personal - can I run a script to pull a seperate report by each person within that value list?

Thanks SO much for any and all help!

Peace,

cmaher