3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 10:42 AM by philmodjunk

How to keep different print option settings for different print script?

axelerate

Title

How to keep different print option settings for different print script?

I am using FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced on Mac OS X V10.5.8.

I have two print script: Print 1 for printing layout 1 and Print 2 for printing layout 2. In Print 1,  I need to print current record only. In Print 2, I need to print all records being browsed.

First I specified the print option as "Print current record" in Print 1. Then I specified "Print records being browsed" in Print 2. I found the settings in Print 1 was automatically changed to "Print records being browsed".

How can I keep different settings for these two script? 

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: How to keep different print option settings for different print script?
          philmodjunk

With the Print script step selected in your script editor, click the specify button. Your print dialog should appear and you should find an option for specifying "Current Record" or "Reocords Being Browsed".

Make your selections and click OK.

In you script, you will see either

Print [Restore]

or

Print [Restore; no dialog]

Depending on whether you chose the perform without dialog option.

Now the option you select should be automatically specified for each script.

• 2. Re: How to keep different print option settings for different print script?
            axelerate

Hi PhilModJunk,

Thank you for your reply. The tried the following steps:

1) Specify "Current Record" Print 1. 

2) Specify "Records Being Browsed" in Print 2. 

3) Open script Print 1 in script editor,  the option was automatically changed from "Current Record" to "Records Being Browsed".

So only the last setting stays there. Any suggestion?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: How to keep different print option settings for different print script?
              philmodjunk

Not when I do it :smileywink:

There must be some difference between how you are attempting to do this and how I am doing it.

Here's a step by step demo of what I'm talking about:

I open script manager and open a script for editing:

I add the Print step to the script (or select a print step alread in the script) and click the Specify... button.

The print dialog pops up and I specify my print options. I select my inkjet printer and also "Records being browsed".

Script step looks like this: Print [Restore]

I then save this script and open a new script.

I repeat the above steps, but select "Current Record" instead of "Records being browsed".

Script step also looks like: Print [Restore]

I save this script.

When I run the first script, the print dialog pops up and I see "Records being browsed" has been selected. When I run the second script, I see "Current Record".

I'm using FMP 10. If you're using a much earlier version of Filemaker, these options will appear differently.