1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2014 9:07 AM by philmodjunk

How to know if I've selected a button, or just the text on top of a button?

jdevans

Title

How to know if I've selected a button, or just the text on top of a button?

I've got layouts that use a custom graphics that look like buttons, and on top of those, I've used text boxes to give them a name. I've duplicated a layout, and now have the need to edit what the buttons on the duplicate layout do. I can't remember if I but the button setup on the text box, or on the graphic, again which are on top of one another. Is there a way to determine by selecting each one of these individually which is set up as a button? Is there an "EDIT" button setup dialog? How to get to it?

Using FM13 Pro Adv.

• 1. Re: How to know if I've selected a button, or just the text on top of a button?
          philmodjunk

In Layout Mode:

If the button object (which can be a field, a graphic object, a FileMaker button object...) is not grouped with other objects, you can double click it while in layout mode to open Button Setup.

You can also select the button and choose Button Setup from the Format menu.

In some cases, you may have to ungroup groups of objects to get to the button grouped with other objects. To keep from unintentionally changing the design of your layout, you may want to use Duplicate Layout to make a copy of your layout and then you can investigate button settings on the duplicate--ungrouping moviing objects around as needed without fear of messing something up on your working copy.