3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2013 12:34 PM by philmodjunk

How to link email script to a field

filemakerhelp

Title

How to link email script to a field

I want Filmemaker to sent an email to the person who submitted a new record. How can I set a script so it will recognize the correct name of person who submitted the record (there is a submitted by field in the database w/names) and sent a notification email to them? Is it possible?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: How to link email script to a field
          philmodjunk

It's possible, but you'll need to describe your set up in more detail before we can tell you how to do that.

• 2. Re: How to link email script to a field
            filemakerhelp

I have attached a pic of what I have done. There are some more fields down to enter more info. Basically, it's for a research study and to report errors found in the procedure. The idea was that, the technician who finds the error will submit the form (enter their name in Submitted by field) and fill out other patient info and then an email will be sent to a lit of techs who will work on solving the issue (I got that one setup). 

But, I want to know if I could have a script setup to sent an email to the person who submited the record once a tech resolves the issue and enters his/her initial in the resolved by field? I hope that makes sense. I am very new to using filemaker so everything seems a little confusing!

Thanks,

• 3. Re: How to link email script to a field
              philmodjunk

Yes but how have you organized your email addresses? Do you have a separate table with names and email addresses? Have you considered the possibility that two people can have exactly the same name and that people change their names? (You will be better off identifying people with an ID number that is unique to that person and that never changes.)