4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2012 9:44 AM by philmodjunk

How to locate Database path in Filemaker 11.0 v1

AshParmar

Title

How to locate Database path in Filemaker 11.0 v1

Hi Team,

I have a situtaion, where a Doctor has created a application with Filemaker and used it for last 4-5 years to store and update patient records. As the business has grown more Doctors have become a part of this business and now are looking at updating IT infrastructure. This particular (Developer) Doctor is not happy with the IT control going out of his hands and is being childish.

If we can log in the Filemaker application, is there a way to find out where the database is located? It is a Mac install.

I need an answer quickly.... Can someone assist with this.

Thanks

Ash

• 1. Re: How to locate Database path in Filemaker 11.0 v1
          catinthehat

1. Create a calculation field called "File_Path"

2. Paste this into the code area: Get(Filepath) 

3. Place field on layout and that should display your answer

• 2. Re: How to locate Database path in Filemaker 11.0 v1
            AshParmar

Hi Catinthehat,

Thank you for your quick response.

Further I am sorry, I am a novice at FileMaker.

I need a step by step guide for this. I am not from programming background. I am more infrastructure.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ash

• 3. Re: How to locate Database path in Filemaker 11.0 v1
              AshParmar

Hi Catinthehat,

I think i replied to your post but I could not see it under the thread. I may be sending this twice.

I am a novice at Filemaker. i am from Infrastructure background.

Can you please give me a step by step as to how to do the above.

Thank you for your quick response and I hope that you are kind enough to send me the step by step instructions.

regards,

Ash

• 4. Re: How to locate Database path in Filemaker 11.0 v1
                philmodjunk

A new bug in the software sometimes hides your posted response even though you get a confirmation text in the top of the window confirming that it was posted successfully. angry

Do you have full access to this file? If not, you will not be able to follow CatInTheHat's suggestion. Open the file and see if you can enter Manage | database | Fields.

Also there are free bug fix updaters you can download to update this copy of Filemaker to 11.0 v3. It would be a good idea to do this.