AnsweredAssumed Answered

how to make a check box set validation of list content work.

Question asked by eliahoo on Oct 24, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 by eliahoo

Title

how to make a check box set validation of list content work.

I have a record details layout that includes a list that is populated from a table of master values with fields that include COURSE_NO, COURSE_NAME, and AGENCY

It also includes a container that has a “Checkbox set” control that  is populated from a value list

see image 1 and 2 attached

The check boxes are “checked” when the control evaluates the list to see if it is populated by elements represented by the checkbox names

The control works, except for the last value that was added by me, it does not get checked when the appropriate record is added to the list.

The display data is drawn from a calculation field:

See Image 3 attached

With the following content:  CERT_LIST_CHECKS =

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "AWCT Arduous WCT" ); "AWCT Arduous WCT¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "I-100 Introduction to Incident Command System" ); "I-100 Introduction to Incident Command System¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "IS-00700 National Incident Management System: An Introduction" ); "IS-00700 National Incident Management System: An Introduction¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "L-180 Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service" ); "L-180 Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "RT-130  Annual Wildland Refresher Course" ); "RT-130  Annual Wildland Refresher Course¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "S-130 Firefighter Training" ); "S-130 Firefighter Training¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "S-190 Introduction to Basic Wildland Firefighting" ); "S-190 Introduction to Basic Wildland Firefighting¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "EVOC Emergency Vehicle Operations Course" ); "EVOC Emergency Vehicle Operations Course¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "FRA Hazmat Awareness Level Training" ); "FRA Hazmat Awareness Level Training¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "IS-00100.a Introduction to Incident Command System" ); "IS-00100.a Introduction to Incident Command System¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "IS-00700.a National Inciden Management System: An Introduction" ); "IS-00700.a National Inciden Management System: An Introduction¶"

) &

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "IS-00800.b National Response Framework: An Introduction" ); "IS-00800.b National Response Framework: An Introduction¶"

)&

If(

PatternCount ( CERT_LIST ; "IS-00200" ); "IS-00200¶"

)

see image 4 and 5 in attached file

I am not a filemaker developer and yet I have to make this work.

I simply need to add a requirement, the last on the value list above and have it validate correctly.

My understanding of the proper way to read the calculation expressions is  causing me to fail in my effort.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks !

filemakerIMGS.jpg

Outcomes