10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2011 11:14 AM by philmodjunk

How to make a drop down list visible/invisible when selection made by specific entry in other field?

j_rameses

Title

How to make a drop down list visible/invisible when selection made by specific entry in other field?

I have a value list with several values as a radio button.

I have a drop down menu that I want to be visible only when a specifi selection is made on the radio button.  Then I want it to disappear if that selection is changed on the radio button list.  I used conditional formatting to make the text white if the value is not equal to my specific selection.  That works but the borders and the drop down arrow key is still visible.  If in the properties i remove the borders(all 4 sides) then when a selection is made on the radio button taht is not the preferred selection the value in the drop down list disappears but if the selection that is preferred selected, the user does not know the drop down menu is there because they can't see any borders or the drop down arrow.  The only thing they see is a label that says "Select Company".  This label has conditional formatting that appears and reappears when a specific selectio is made.  How do I make the drop down menu appear/disappear depending on the selection from the radio button .  I need the user to be able to see the borders and drop down arrow when the correct selection is made and if not to disappear.