For print/preview/PDF purposes, you can set a field to shrink, Resize enclosing part in the Inspector's Position tab. This does not affect the size of the field in browse mode. Often, with such fields, you end up with two layouts: one with scroll bar equipped fields for browse/edit purposes and one with very large fields set to shrink used for printing.
Key facts about sliding:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- All layout objects below a slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Only objects in the body will slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
This 2 years ago post was claiming the possibility to auto-resize a field not just in Preview mode, but also in Browse mode, in order to easily use Filemaker as a typical word processing (Word), with the huge advantage to index the paragraphs accordingly.
Is there any chance to find today a solution for this? Is Filemaker 13 somehow structured to allow this?
thank you in advance