3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 9:48 AM by philmodjunk

How to make objects transparent via script

boydcrow

Title

How to make objects transparent via script

Is there a way to make an object transparent using a script? 

• 1. Re: How to make objects transparent via script
          LaRetta_1

Hi Boyd,

We need a bit more information ... what type of object?  Fields, buttons, portals, tab controls?  And what version of FM are you using, please?

To prepare you, FM does not allow object disabling/enabling (hide/show) functionality automatically.  The best approach to achieve your results will depend upon what you want to hide/show and the circumstances (from User perspective) when that needs to happen, for example  'user is entering new invoices and I want to show pop-up but only when' ...

• 2. Re: How to make objects transparent via script
            boydcrow

Apparently, there are no simple questions when it comes to FileMaker Pro.  I believe the answer you have provided is "No".

My frustrations are from unrealistic expectations to see features which I have found in a number of object oriented programs.  I already have a large collection of "workarounds".  I can live with these restrictions for the time being.

Thanks for responding.

I wish to close this question.

• 3. Re: How to make objects transparent via script
              philmodjunk

The answer was not No. It's just that we'd need more detail to tell you how to do it as the method used has to fit the type of layout object and the purpose behind why you need the transparency.

Conditional formatting of layout text, for example can easily make text on your layout appear and disappear at need. Whether or not this serves your needs or not is something we do not know as you have not told us in sufficient detail what you want.