2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 12:11 PM by FileMaker

How to make portal automatically create next field/slot once a field is filled?

FileMaker

Title

How to make portal automatically create next field/slot once a field is filled?

Hi,

I mostly just use the solutions templates and tailer them to my needs.  I am basing my database on the "Research" template, but I saw that in the "Expenses" template the portal with "Expense_Type" only shows the first field, but once it is filled, it automatically creates the next field. However, when I create a portal in "Research", once the field is field, i have to create new fields if i want to add to the list, even if i create a portal big enough for many rows.

I have tried to figure out what is different about the portal in the "Expenses" template, but I see nothing different in the portal setup, field, scripts, database manager, etc. that reveals this.  

I would like to have a portal like the one I am describing in the "Expenses" template because I have a category where anywhere from 1 to 5 or 6 values (people) could be listed, and I would rather have somehting clean like the Expenses portal rather than simply have to have the max number of fields always available.  

Below are 4 screen shots showing the desired effect (notice a 3rd field is created after the 2nd was filled).

final.png