AnsweredAssumed Answered

how to make the drop down menu for a field to say "green" "blue" "red" but enter 1 - 2 - 3 into the...

Question asked by lfolkestad on Jun 7, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2013 by lfolkestad

Title

how to make the drop down menu for a field to say "green" "blue" "red" but enter 1 - 2 - 3 into the database

I am a noob and probably just dont know what its called so i cannot search the fantastic forums for help.

I have a lot of fields of catagorical data eg group color "red", "green", "blue". But seeing i am going to use the db to enter data into that i am later going to export - import into a statistics package for further analysis - it would be nice if the data that was entered into the db was 1, 2, 3. 

I am not going to be doing all of the data entery my self so i cannot use 1, 2, 3 as labels seeing that the other that put data into my database do not know the 'codes'.

So question 1: How do i make the field drop down menu go: red, green, blue - whilst the data registered is 1,2,3

question 2: How do i make a check box that registeres 0 into the database if the box is unchecked and 1 if checked.

hope some of this made sense to anybody other than me.

thank you.

lars

Outcomes