1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 2:29 PM by philmodjunk

How to manually put in a (pdf) file in a container

TomDiderich

Title

How to manually put in a (pdf) file in a container

I'm working with Filemaker Pro v12.0
      In the database I'm using there are three containers, they are called Contract, Invoice and Specifications.

For each container I created a button with an instruction to run a different script.
      With each script I want to put in a (Pdf) file which is located in a separate folder on my network drive.

How do I configure the script to open the right path and then manually select the right file?

Kind regards,

Tom (the Netherlands)

• 1. Re: How to manually put in a (pdf) file in a container
          philmodjunk

Hard to believe, but there's no way to "open the right path" with just FileMaker. Don't know if a FileMaker plug in might offer that capability or not. You can open a dialog where the user then navigates to the desired folder before selecting a file to insert, but you can't tell FileMaker which directory to open when it brings up the open file dialog--it will open the most recently accessed folder.

You might have to use a File Plugin to pull up a list of FileNames on a layout where clicking a listed file name then inserts that specific file into your container field.