5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 9:37 AM by jamesandrewbateman

How to maximise/resize layout window width?

jamesandrewbateman

Title

How to maximise/resize layout window width?

Hi Guys,

I've been making progress on our order system by pretty much just reverse engineering the starter solutions (which massively reduces my learning time).

The only thing I'm having trouble working out is... how the heck does it autmatically resize to the 'browser' window?

A lot of us using this at work have different screen sizes which means we are all currently stuck using a window size acommodating the smallest monitor here.

I've noticed a little script icon in the bottom right hand corner of the starter solutions (which is a clue to a script that will resize the to the window).

Help! :)

Cheers.

Screen_shot_2012-12-13_at_20.43.14.png

• 1. Re: How to maximise/resize layout window width?
          philmodjunk

That script icon has nothing to do with this. That icon indicates the presence of a script trigger.

For one of these layouts, select a layout object such as a field, portal or tab control while in layout mode, then note what "anchors" have been selected for it in the Autosizing section of the Inspector's position tab. an object with top and left anchors selected has the default setting for newly added layout objects. These objects stay "anchored" to the top and left hand edges of the window and thus do not change when the window size changes. But if both right and left anchors are selected, the object will stretch horizontally when the width of the window changes. Top and bottom anchors do the same for vertical size changes to the window. If NO anchors are selected, the object will stay centered in the window.

• 2. Re: How to maximise/resize layout window width?
            jamesandrewbateman

Thanks Phil

I did think that had something to do with it, but its the actual window that seems to re-size.

I've tried looking at the Header, Body and Footer to see if there has been some autosizing selected for these elements but can't see anything.

I've been reading around as well... Does everyone just kinda work this stuff out for themselves? Because the Knowledge Base and Tutorial don't seem to have anything about this.

I don't want to continue building our system until I've figured this out as everyone is giving me stick for having such a small window (based on the smallest monitor here).

Cheers! :)

• 3. Re: How to maximise/resize layout window width?
              jamesandrewbateman

I've just worked something out at least... Adding the necessary anchor points will automatically make the window maximise.

That's pretty cool, but took me a while to figure out... duh!

• 4. Re: How to maximise/resize layout window width?
                philmodjunk

apologies, but I think we are discussing two different but related concepts. I've described how objects on the layout can be set to adjust to window size changes. I now see that you are also wanting to know how to get the window itself to resize to the current monitor automatically.

To actually change the size of the window there are several script steps that can do that. One can specify the position and size of the window. Another can maximize all your windows (on the Windows OS only) in a single step.

I'd go to Layout Setup, click the script triggers tab and look for a script performed by the OnLayoutEnter trigger.

An OnFirstWindowOpen trigger, specified in File | File Options, could also maximize all windows when the file is first opened.

• 5. Re: How to maximise/resize layout window width?
                  jamesandrewbateman

Ah ha! Sweet. I just did the following (on mac):

OnLayoutEnter

Adjust Window [Maximise]

Cheers for the help.