4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2016 8:47 AM by beverly

How to omit others

rllewis

Title

How to omit others

Sometimes in browse mode I want to omit all records but the current one.  Is there an "omit others" command?  I see the omit current command, but not omit all others, so my found set is just the current record.

• 1. Re: How to omit others
          ninja

Howdy,

It's actually a three step thing:

Show all records (may or may not be needed depending if you're in a found set or not)

Omit current

Show omitted only

HTH,

• 2. Re: How to omit others
            rllewis
               Thanks.  Too many steps, but it works.
            • 3. Re: How to omit others
              MVPost

This is so stupid. Isolating a record is one of the most common and important actions there is and it simply makes no sense whatsoever that there is no better way to handle this.

• 4. Re: How to omit others
                beverly

This is one time an 'extra' relationship is handy (table to itself on primaryKey = primaryKey).

• you can GTRR (go to related record), thus isolating the record

• you can stay on the same layout

• you can open in new window (or not) - if you open a new window, you don't lose your existing found set in the original window.

• you can go to another layout based on the same table (or not)

If I need this functionality, I take advantage.

Alternate. Make a global field for the relationship (same table), then you can set the primaryKey in the global.

• you can follow all above

• or you can place more than ONE primaryKey (return delimited) and be able to isolate a found set.

beverly