AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to perform search and generate results list.

Question asked by trevmeister55 on Mar 31, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

How to perform search and generate results list.

Hi,

I am new to FM and have been working at it all day!  I am trying to use the program to help me match up students with college scholarships they are eligible for.  I have created one database with two tables (Students and Scholarships) and have entered about 4 records for each one.  The Students table has 29 fields, and the Scholarships table has 34 fields.

I want to be able to pick a specific student (I'm guessing I could choose the unique Student ID number?) from the Students table and have FM use that student's information to search through the Scholarships table and generate a list of every scholarship that student is eligibile for, along with that scholarship's deadline date.  Here's what I'd like the final report to look like:

(Student Name and Date of Report at top of page)

ABC Scholarship          03/31/2010

DEF Scholarship          04/14/2010

GHI Scholarship           04/03/2010

JKL Scholarship           03/31/2010

I've tried using the Find feature, but I don't want to have to reenter the search criteria from the student's record in order to find the scholarships.  I want to be able to "choose" a student's record so that FM will automatically generate a list of matching scholarships from the second table.

Sorry if I have not used the correct terminology, but I am VERY new to this!

Thanks so much!

Tracie

Outcomes