2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2010 2:31 PM by ElleDee

How to print a single image from a record in form view

ElleDee

Title

How to print a single image from a record in form view

Hello!

I am using Filemaker Pro 11. I am trying to create a script for a button that allows us to print the image associated with a record with one click. I cannot seem to get only the image to print. It is printing the entire page in the Form View. Anyone have an idea of how I can print only the image of the record that is being reviewed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: How to print a single image from a record in form view
          philmodjunk

If you just want the image, not the other fields and layout elements associated with it in your current layout, you'll either need to select them and specify "hide when printing" (bottom of the position tab in the inspector), or you'll need to create a separate layout that just has the image (presumably a container field).

You can create a script and attach it to a button so that when you  click the button it switches to the other layout, prints the image and then switches back. To make it a bit more sophisticated, you can set the button to switch to the other layout, enter preview mode and pause so that the user can check printer settings and use the file menu to print if they want hard copy. Continuting the paused script would then return the user to the original layout.

• 2. Re: How to print a single image from a record in form view
            ElleDee

Thanks for the input! I created the alternate layout, entered the info into the script and it works! You're a lifesaver!

Lisa