1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 5:53 AM by philmodjunk

How To Print Portal Records More Than One Page

GokhanKamu_1

Title

How To Print Portal Records More Than One Page

Hi,

I have print layout for invoice. In that page I have date and customer informations on top and below that line item portal.

The problem is usually products we are sending is more than one page and they doesn't fit on portal.

How can I arrange my layout for printing multiple page? I want date and customer informations on top of every page and below that continous portal records. Is there any way to do this?

• 1. Re: How To Print Portal Records More Than One Page
          philmodjunk

Create a list view layout based on the portal's table. Put the fields from the parent Invoice record in the header and in either a trailing grand summary or a footer to show data from the parent invoice above and below the listed line items.

Then use a scripted find or Go to related records from your layout with the portal to bring up a found set of the portal records on this new layout for printing or saving as PDF.

The invoices starter solutions that come with Filemaker 11, 12 and 13 all use this method to print an invoice so you can examine these starter solutions for an example of how this is doen.