AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to refer to a field from one table to the same field which is in another table?

Question asked by sapa88 on Mar 6, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

How to refer to a field from one table to the same field which is in another table?

Hi,

im having a main table called "project details" and the primary key of that table is "contract no" which acts as the foreign key for all other tables to create relationship with the main table(project details).

i have another child table called "Drawing Status" which includes some of the same fields which are in the "project details" table and those fields are such as "Drawing No" , Drawing Title". and this table includes "_fkcontract no" as the foreign key to connect with the "project details" table.

what i want to do is when i enter a value in "_fkcontract no" in the "Drawing Status" table, it should check with the "contract no" in the "project details" table and if there is a matching "contract no" then it should automatically fill the fields in the "Drawing Status" table which i mentioned above ("Drawing No" , "Drawing Title")

kind regards,

Outcomes