3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 12:30 PM by philmodjunk

How to remove Primary Key Fields from Report?

Title

How to remove Primary Key Fields from Report?

Hello,

I'm using a VENDOR_ID as a GROUP BY variable in a report for totals so I seem to have to included it in the fields I want on the report in the first step of setting up a report. Otherwise, this field isn't available to use in the group by dialog part of setting up a report.

So, my question is, now that I have the report how do I get this VENDOR_ID field to not display? Nobody will care about the VENDOR_ID field.

I've tried removing it from the report, but then the report stops working as expected.

I'm sure this is simple, but I'm missing something.

thanks.

- m

• 1. Re: How to remove Primary Key Fields from Report?
          philmodjunk

Removing a field from the layout should not affect how the report summarizes and sorts.

I'm guessing you use a script to pull up the reports that specifies the Vendor ID in a find. If this script uses Paste, or an Insert step to specify the criteria for your find, then you have to have the field present on the layout in order for it to work.

If I am correct, then the best fix is to remove that paste or Insert step and replace it with a Set Field step instead. The details on how you make that change require that I know more about your current script. How do you currently specify the Vendor ID to be used in setting up your report?

Do you enter/select the vendor ID in a field?

Is it generated from a layout based on a table of vendors?

It's also possible to keep the field on your layout and specify "Hide when printing" for it on the "sliding and visibility" section of the Inspector's Position tab, but I don't see that as the best option for you here.

• 2. Re: How to remove Primary Key Fields from Report?

Man, you're amazing! :)

I think what I was doing was moving the summary field off the summary band or something like that. It would be nice if I could display the summary field at the same level as the other fields (not above or below), but that's not a huge deal.

Thanks again!!!!

- m

• 3. Re: How to remove Primary Key Fields from Report?
              philmodjunk

It would be nice if I could display the summary field at the same level as the other fields (not above or below), but that's not a huge deal.

It's possible to do this if you set up a calculation field that uses GetSummary to compute the same subtotal you are getting by putting the summary field inside a sub summary part.