AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to report on multiple tables in a single report page

Question asked by tlawson on Dec 24, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

How to report on multiple tables in a single report page

I'm nearing the finish line (if there ever really is a finish line in software development).  But I have one big issue hanging out: reporting!

My app structure looks like this:

•           Dealership (table listing various car dealerships)           

•                     >>>>Various Fields
    •                
    •                     >>>>Consult (multiple associated with a dealership) - This table is a report of a consultant visit to the dealership.  The consultant creates and agenda as part ofthe consult and makes several observations/recommendations.                     

•                               >>>>>>>>Various Fields - date, location, etc...
      •                          
      •                               >>>>>>>>Agenda item (table of agenda items associated with a consult)                               

•                                         >>>>>>>>>>>>ObservationsAndRecommendation (table of obs and recs)                                         

•                                                   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Various fields (time, location, name, etc...)
          •                                              
          •                                                   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ParticipatingEmployee (table showing which employees were involved in the observation)
          •                                              
          •                                                   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ParticipaingGroups (table showing which groups were involved in the observation)
          •                                              
          •                                                   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LibraryItems (table of help PDF documents) tthat can be associated with each observation
          •                                         

•                               

•                     

•           

I want to generate a report at the consult level.  In other words, on the consult layout, I have a button that will (eventually) launch a report on that specific consult and all it's subsidiary parts.

I can generate a report on a single table.  What confuses me is how to generate the reports on the tables associated with the consult at each level.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Outcomes