AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to retrieve only certain items from the same table

Question asked by onamac on Feb 3, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 by onamac

Title

How to retrieve only certain items from the same table

Hi.

I have two tables to interact: ("Songs") is where I list the songs I've written. In that table are two fields-- "Instrumental", and "Has Lyrics" having a value list of "Yes", instead of one value list of "yes" or "no").

The second table ("Lyrics") displays the lyrics for printout. In it I have a field called "song title" to enter the song title from the song table, according to the SongID. I also have a field called "LyricID" in case I need this for what I want to do.

All songs, instrumental or lyrics, will be manually entered in the song table. Then I want the Lyric table to retrieve only the song titles that have lyrics. This means that on the song table the ID serial number will not skip over any numbers, but the lyric table may show "1, 2, 5, 7, etc."

I tried a few ways, with subscribing to value lists and whatever, but I can't get it to work. I want the lyric layout (table) to skip over the songs that don't have lyrics. How would I do this? If it is impossible, I can always just type in the title myself, but if it is simple, I wanted to know how to accomplish this. Thanks!

Outcomes