If you want to basically do a print screen, you can make a script, or use File|Print|Current Record to do a print screen, and If you have a PDF printer you can use that as the printer to print it to a PDF document. You just need to check your layout to make sure all of its content are within the Portrait or landscape guides to make sure it doesn't run off of your page when printed. If you need to check this go to Print Setup and select Portrait or landscape, then when you go to edit layout the guides will be set up for the one you slected under the print settings.
If data is being cut off when you print or save as PDF, set up a layout for printing/saving as PDF where you make your fields oversized, but set them to slide up and resize the enclosing part. It's not a perfect method, but with care, it should be an approach that can work for you.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.