4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 9:22 AM by DoloresKnight

How to Schedule a call out

DoloresKnight

Title

How to Schedule a call out

Our office uses Filemaker Pro 8.5 and I wanted to know if anyone could explain to me or let me know if it is even possible to schedule a call out.  Basically so when you come in the next day you know you have 25 follow up calls to make.  I realize this is not a sales crm database yet I was really hoping/trusting that this is possible to do.  Appreciate any feedback on this matter.  Not sure if I need to put my email her or cell to be contacted so I shall wait for a response.

Appreciate any and all feedback!
           Thanks,
           Dolores

• 1. Re: How to Schedule a call out
          philmodjunk

You should not put email addresses or phone numbers in a public forum. Such data can be "scraped" from the web page and used by the unscrupulous.

If you left the checkbox selected at the bottom when you clicked "Post", you will be automatically emailed and will be able to read this response in your email address. You can also check back here for responses.

I realize this is not a sales crm database yet I was really hoping/trusting that this is possible to do.

Well FileMaker is a database development tool. There is no reason why your database cannot become a "sales crm database" should you choose to design it to be such a solution.

You can set a script to run when the file opens. The script can use get ( accountName ) to identify the user and can perform a find to pull up a list of records--which could be your list of follow up calls. The exact details on how you would set this up depend on the existing design of your database.

• 2. Re: How to Schedule a call out
            DoloresKnight

Thanks so much for the warning on emails/numbers glad I trusted myself and did not put it in here.  So if you are able to tell me is this difficult to do...running a script to tell filemaker pro what to do?  I know I will not be able to do it so I trust someone in my office does.  Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question.  Have a great day! D

• 3. Re: How to Schedule a call out
              philmodjunk

The script should be fairly simple if someone in your office knows how to set up a scripted find. There are numerous examples of such a script to be found in this forum.

Here's one example:

Enter FInd Mode []---->Clear the Pause check box
                   Set Field [YourTable::AssignedTo ; Get ( AccountName ) ]
                   Set Field [YourTable::DateField ; Get ( CurrentDate ) ]
                   Set Error Capture [on] ---> keeps "no records found" dialog from appearing if no records are found
                   Perform Find []

This script finds all records in "YourTable" where  DateField stores today's date and where AssignedTo stores an account name matching the current user's account name.

• 4. Re: How to Schedule a call out
                DoloresKnight

Hi Phil,

Thanks again, it is all Greek to me but I am trusting someone will know how to do this.  It will make my life as a salesperson so much easier!

Take care,
                     Dolores