1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 7:12 AM by philmodjunk

How To Schedule Future Checkouts

BrandonShaw

Title

How To Schedule Future Checkouts

Hi, 

I'm new to Filemaker Pro, and searched for an answer in the forums and couldn't find anything. Here's what I'm trying to do: 

I rent out sound equipment. I have all of the equipment inputted into a database that allows me to check in and check out, assigning to various people. It's one of the default template options and it's almost perfect. 

The thing I'm trying to do is schedule "future checkouts" so that I can see what my inventory looks like for next weekend, in addition to what I currently have. I would love to be able to pre-check equipment out, but I'm not sure how to do this yet. 

Anything helps, thanks in advance, 

Brandon

• 1. Re: How To Schedule Future Checkouts
          philmodjunk

In database design, the devil is in the details. How have you set up your database? What tables and relationships? Are you using a starter solution or a modified copy of a starter solution?

Much depends on your current system for getting an inventory count of what is in and what is out. A transactions table that logs each date that an item is checked out and each time that it is returned can probably be used with future dates in the date field to get the predictive capability that you want here.