3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 2:58 PM by TSGal

How to search data between to dates with out script

dev696

Title

How to search data between to dates with out script

filemaker pro 8.5

How to search record between to dates with out scripting.

• 1. Re: How to search data between to dates with out script
          Orlando

Hi dev696

You can use an ellipsis between your start date and your end date when searching in a date field to perform a range search, i.e.

01/10/2009...05/10/2009

I hope this helps
          • 2. Re: How to search data between to dates with out script
            dev696

Hi

Thanks. That what i had done before in script. But i need some more assistance according to my layout

Actually i have a layout with two  drop down field.

First for Starting Month       (Jan2000,    April2000, July2000,  Oct2000,  Jan2001,    etc),

Second for  Ending Month   (March2000,June2000,  Sept2000, Dec2000, March2001, etc)

So now in find mode how i can search record between two dates like :

Jan2000 to March 20001

or

Jan2000 to Jan2001

• 3. Re: How to search data between to dates with out script
              TSGal

dev696:

Thank you for your post.

Since Starting Month and Ending Month are now Text fields, searching a range is not possible.  Therefore, create calculation fields that result in dates, and then perform a search on those calculation fields.

CalcStart = Date ( ( Position ("JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec" ; Left ( Starting Month ; 3 ) ; 1 ; 1 ) + 2 ) / 3 ; 1 ; Right ( Starting Month ; 4 ) )

CalcEnd = Date ( ( Position ("JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec" ; Left ( Starting Month ; 3 ) ; 1 ; 1 ) + 5 ) / 3 ; 1 ; Right ( Starting Month ; 4 ) ) - 1

Therefore, if your Starting Month is "July2000", CalcStart display 7/1/2000.  If Ending Month is "July2000", CalcEnd displays 7/31/2000.  This way, you could find all records with the Same Starting Month and Ending Month.

Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.