1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2011 2:10 PM by philmodjunk

How to search repeating field for data in multiple columns

JamesWard

Title

How to search repeating field for data in multiple columns

I have several hundred records of data and each has information stored in the same labeled repeating field which has about nine different columns and it goes 150 rows down.  In those 150 rows, I want to search for records that have specific data only if the information is in the same row of the repeating field.  For example if I say find all records that have within their repeating field certain data in column 1, column 2, and column 4 then retrieve those records. 

Currently, when I do this search I get back any records where a repeating field has the search criteria in any column 1, column 2, and column 4 but I need to retrieve them only if those parameters are all in the same row within the repeating field.

• 1. Re: How to search repeating field for data in multiple columns
          philmodjunk

I think you'll need to restructure your data in order to do this.

How exactly do you have this set up now? Does "150 rows down" mean you have different fields with 150 repetitions arranged vertically on your screen?

Looks like something where you should split this data up into different records with each row a different related record. Not only would that make your find work, but it would offer additional flexibility in many other areas as well.