3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2013 10:30 AM by philmodjunk

How to Select multiple records from layout A and adding to layout B

DeeS

Title

How to Select multiple records from layout A and adding to layout B

Hello,

I am new to filemaker pro and am in need of help to solve this issue. I have two layouts -  layout_newInvoice and layout_SearchProducts.

In layout_newInvoice I have a portal and a button to search products. On click of this button I open the layoutSearchProducts layout where I have a list of products that one can chose from. I had a button next to each product that read add to invoice and upon doing so the product would be added. My boss wants me to create a checkbox next to each product item such that multiple products can be selected and then on clicking the add to invoice button all the selected products are added to the layour_newInvoice portal.

How do I achieve this?  I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Dee

• 1. Re: How to Select multiple records from layout A and adding to layout B
          philmodjunk

So you have two layouts, but what Tables do you have? How are they related?

A typical invoice system uses tables/relationships similar to this:

Customers----<Invoices----<LineItems (InvoiceData)>--------Products    (----< means "one to many")

You'll find an example of this setup in the Invoices starter solution that comes with your copy of FileMaker.

Is this what you have?

• 2. Re: How to Select multiple records from layout A and adding to layout B
            DeeS

I have a table called customers, Invoice and Products. A customer can have multiple invoices, each invloice can have multiple products. The lists / layouts a populating corectly. I just want to know how to add a check box in the list layout of products for each row - such that I can select multiple products and then on the click of a button add all these products to invoice.

• 3. Re: How to Select multiple records from layout A and adding to layout B
              philmodjunk

You appear to be missing a table (line Items or Invoicedata) in what you describe.

.I just want to know how to add a check box in the list layout of products for each row - such that I can select multiple products and then on the click of a button add all these products to invoice.

Yes, but I can't suggest something until I understand how your system works. How do you list multiple items on your invoice? What relationships do you have between Invoices and Products?