2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2011 5:47 PM by noel_ferron@msn.com

How to select records from one table and link them to a record in another table ?

noel_ferron@msn.com

Title

How to select records from one table and link them to a record in another table ?

Hi,

I am a newcomer working with FM Pro Advanced V11.3 and I need advices to solve the following problems:

• My table "T_Objects" contains a few thousands records.
      • It is linked thru a Join_Table to the table "T_Attributes" which also contains a few thousands records in a Many-To-Many relationship.
      • A table occurrence "T_Attributes_Not_Linked" shows  attributes that are not linked to an object.
      • Each attribute is of one "Category" received from a list of values.
      • My layout "L_Objects" is used to update the records in T_Objects, and it has a first portal showing all attributes linked to a given object.
      • I have created a second portal in order to see all attributes from "T_Attributes_Not_Linked" for that object.
      • When I create a new object in "T_Objects", I would like to be able to choose from that second portal, the attributes that I want to link to my new object.
      • Hopefully, without having to scroll-down all these attributes one by one...

Here are my questions:

1. How can I set a filter in my second portal in order to see only those attributes that correspond to a specified category ?
      2. Is it possible to list in that second portal the attributes with "Check Boxes" so that the selected ones will create records in the Join_Table ?

Any suggestion will be welcome.