AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to send letters by email

Question asked by sundown on Jun 16, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

How to send letters by email

Phil, I need help. I thought I had the emails working, but found a problem I can't understand. While testing, I am sending the pdf file to my own email address. Running the script from the Host FM database file on my iMac & checking my mail on the iMac & macbook, all is well. The email is received with the attachment. I also get one of the multible  pdf files (not all) in the folder where the file is located. When I re-email the same files, the same pdf file replaces the previous one.

I enable this file on the Filemaker Network.  I  went to my macbook & opened the file from the remote network. I tested the email script from the remote file by sending the email to my same email address. I checked the email , and the pdf attachment is not there. The attachment seems to only work correctly from the host computer & not from the remote network file. Do you know what is happening?

Here is the script I am using:

Set Variable [ $FileName ; Value: "Invoice.pdf" ]

Save Records as PDF [ Restore; No dialog ; "$FileName" ;Current record ]

Set Variable [ $PDFPath ; Value: Get (DocumentsPath) & $FileName ]

Send Mail [ Send via E-mail Client ; No dialog; To: "user1@abc.com" ; Subject: "Invoice" ; Message: "Test" ; "$FileName" ]

Outcomes