0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2012 6:40 AM by GötzReinicke

How To sending mail and a  fail: client did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

GötzReinicke

Title

How To sending mail and a  fail: client did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

Hi,

we do have a FM 10 server and some FM 10 Pro Clients using a self made contact database based on the FM starter package.

This is just a temporarly set up until we decide the next features or technology switch or what ever will come our way.

So I'm not asked to invest to much time and energy, but there are some simple steps for using the build in smtp/E-Mail features.

I thought.

First sending email using a localy installed email client works, but WTF why dose FM supports only apple Mail as client on Mac? Our default supported and used mailclient is firefox so configuring apple mail for users which needs to mail is .... :)

Than I thought I can send mail by SMTP wit user auth, but this fails to. From my sendmail server log:

Aug  1 15:08:22 mail sendmail[27176]: q71D8MGe027176: [192.168.1.29] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

Two Question:

1) What could be the problem regarding the did not issue ?

2) is there a simple way to send e-mail an other way? What my users need: Sending one Message sometimes with Attachement to a selection of contacts from the database. Our mailserver restricts to 50 recepients per message. The sender should have a copy of the message and the addresse selection she sends to.

Thanks for any suggestions!