10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 6:58 AM by besmith1ca

How to set up a Layout involving 4 tables with one as a portal

besmith1ca

Title

How to set up a Layout involving 4 tables with one as a portal

First of all, I'm a beginner here so I apologize if I missed the obvious instructions on how to do this in the Help pages.

I have one table that contains a string of text that I'm going to parse and use the parsed data to create new records in three other tables.

The tables are:

1. Email_Import (contains the text string to be parsed in a field called "Body".)

2.  Customers (a new record will be created to store Customer data - name, address, etc.)

3.  Orders (a new record will be created to store Order data - order #, date, amount paid, etc.)

4.  Line_Items_From_Orders (one to n records will be created to store line item detail (products, quantities, etc.)  Need to set this one up as a Portal on the Layout, right?

How do I set up a new Layout (call it "Process_Email_Orders") to accommodate the script that I'm going to write for this?  If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.  Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding this update:  

I'm definitely in over my head on this one.  I have details of what I'm trying to do documented in an excel sheet here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/f88xhc5hveknpmh/FOLF%20Sript%20Plans.xlsx?dl=0  

Let me know if you are interested in helping me write this script.   Thanks!