1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2012 5:17 AM by MarcMcCall

How to set up a relationship with my source code finder layout

PeterMontague

Title

How to set up a relationship with my source code finder layout

I bought the troi url plugin and I downloaded the sample files that go with it. I imported the table that downloads and cleans up the source codes of web pages. My objective is to be able to use Filemaker Pro to easily add to my inventory by entering the ISBN of a book, pressing a button that runs a script.

To do so I set up a relationship between the get source code table and my inventory. It is Inventory::sku = source code::sku. My plan was to get the script to copy the ISBN from my inventory and paste it into the ISBN field in my source code table. This would then be pasted into the generic URL for the parent page. I would then parse out the URL for the child page, get the source code from that and clean it up. From here I plan to parse all of the information I want and paste it into my the various fields in the inventory.

This is what I have done so far in my script: 

Copy [Select: Inventory::sku]

Go to layout ["source code" (source code)]

New record/Request

Set Field [source code::sku[${inventory}::sku]; ${inventory}::sku}

I was hoping that this would put the sku into the sku field for me. But it didn't. 

So what I want to know is:

1. Have I set up the relationship correctly and what should I do if it is wrong?

2. What do I need to do to get the sku and the ISBN fields filled correctly?