1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 11:53 AM by philmodjunk

How to show all portal info from one layout to another

kilbot

Title

How to show all portal info from one layout to another

Senerio:

I have a table (BIDS) that I created. On the layout that uses records from that table  (BIDS) I have several portals incorporated which are used to list companies  on that bid.

I have another table (CONTRACTS) that stores all of the contract information. Since there can be multiple bids on a contract I have created a field in the table (BIDS) to mark if the bid that won the contract.

Trying to achieve:

What I want to do is on the table (CONTRACTS) show all of the companies listed in the portal on the (BIDS) table that was won the contract.

How can I do this?

• 1. Re: How to show all portal info from one layout to another
          philmodjunk

"I have created a field in the table (BIDS) to mark if the bid that won the contract."

Include that field in your relationship to filter out all losing bids.

Let's say this field is called "BidWinner" and you've set it to store "Winner" if the bid wins.

Let's say you have a field called ContractID to link Contracts to all the bids on your contract.

Go to Manage | Database | Relationships and use the button with two plus signs to create a new table occurrence of Bids. Name it "WinningBIds".

Define a new field, cBidWInner,  in Contracts as a calculation field with "Winner" as the value it returns.

Set up your portal relationship like this:

Contracts::ContractID = WinningBids::ContractID AND

Contracts::cBidWinner = WinningBids::BidWinner