1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 8:54 AM by philmodjunk

How to show changes?

JoTaylor

Title

How to show changes?

Hi there

Very new to Filemaker and wondering if anyone can help? How do I export my records into Excel and make any changes since the last export really obvious? I have added a 'modification date' button so i can see the date it was modified if i select that field when exporting but i wondered if there was another way of showing the changes as it could be that i'm changing a piece of data like a mis-spelling of a name that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things yet it updates the modification date.  

For example, i'm inputting 20 people's individual flight information and i've exported it and sent it to the transport company. The next day one persons flight changes so i want to export the list again and show this one person as being a "change to previous list" so when i send it to the transport company it is obvious to them what the changes are.

I hope i'm making sense, any help is much appreciated!

• 1. Re: How to show changes?
          philmodjunk

Would it work to send out a "change file" that just lists those records where data was modified?

Would it work to add a field--perhaps formatted as a single value check box that when clicked selects it for such a special change file export? (That would allow you to omit records where the change was too trivial to be exported.)

Or that single value check box formatted field could be a column in the exported data to draw more attention to that entry...