5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2013 8:10 AM by philmodjunk

How to show image in container

SamThomas

Title

How to show image in container

I m importing records in filemaker.Some fields are contain link of image .I want to show this image.How to show in container? 

• 1. Re: How to show image in container
          philmcgeehan

The way you insert the data may determine how you see and interact with the data in the container field.

Make sure you have Optimize for.. Images selected in the Inspector.

• 2. Re: How to show image in container
            SamThomas

I set this but still it shows link of the image

• 3. Re: How to show image in container
              philmodjunk

Was this an import where the link is text from a file other than a FileMaker file?

If so, you may need to use a looping script where you set a $Path variable to a file path computed from this imported file path and then use insert picture with this $Path variable to insert the picture into a container field in each record.

Or

If all these pictures are in a single folder, you might use Import Records | Folder to import all the images and the file names into a separated table, you can then use the file name in this imported file path in a text field or calculation field to link your first table to the correct related record of this new table of imported images.

• 4. Re: How to show image in container
                SamThomas

after import records I try this 

Set Variable[$pic;Value:Table A::path]
                     Insert from URL[Select;No dialog;Table A::$pic]

But its just insert last imported records's image not all.
                     I dont know how to take this in loop
                • 5. Re: How to show image in container
                  philmodjunk

Insert from URL is not an option that I had considered. If it is working with some file paths and not all, I would suggest examining the imported file paths to see if they are valid from the context of your current computer.

If these are files on your computer or local network, you can use Insert Picture or Insert File to insert the file.