1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 7:29 AM by philmodjunk

How to show results of a script from one layout in the portal of another layout

raquelarouca

Title

How to show results of a script from one layout in the portal of another layout

Hello, 

I used the answer (ID 1270) to create a script to go to the last record related to a specific student's data entry. Now I am trying to figure out how to display the results of that script in a data entry screen. 

I have a Data Entry layout that shows the student's information and that has a portal to show the last communication we had with the students. This portal is linked to the Communication layout. 

However, I found that if we had two emails in the same day, the entry that is sorted to show in the portal at the Data Entry layout did not showed the last communication, but just the first one I entered with that date. So I used the answer 1270 in the website to create a last mod field and a script that went to the last mod entry in the communications layout. That works great. But I still have the problem with showing the results of that script in the Data Entry layout on the portal I created for the communications. If that made sense to you, How do I solve this? Thank you, Raquel